These 12 days of your life will be full of beauty of this amazing country, which you won’t be able to forget. Croatia offers really unique opportunities, as it perfectly blends ancient cities with modern life, charming traditions and hospitality of Mediterranean and Slavic culture with breathtaking nature: mountains, seaside, islands, waterfalls, caves and lakes. We’re going to enjoy it all, including the whole spectrum of rich local cuisine.
Tour Dates: September 9th – September 20th, 2016
Starting our journey from Dalmatia, where the atmosphere of the ancient Rome is well preserved in architecture. Driving along the seaside, and admiring the view of endless islands, we will reach the Velebit mountains, transiting from the monumental history to beautiful nature. Here we will mountains and caves in NP Paklenica, and cascades of blue lakes in Plitvica.
Taking curvy mountain roads we will cross magnificent bridges, and historical towns. After reaching the speedway we’ll quickly get to the wine country Yaska, to participate local wine festival. Zagreb – the capital of Croatia will be a nice finale for our tour. There we will walk narrow cobble stone streets, looking at old cathedrals and blending with the street life.
Besides the possibility to take unique photos during our tour, you’ll be able to strengthen your knowledge and practical skills in different genres of photography, learn how improve images in Adobe Lightroom, and how to create your own photo story.
- Architecture and documentary (street) photography: Dubrovnik, Zagreb, Yaska fair.
- Nature photography: mountains and caves (NP Paklenica), lakes and waterfalls (NP Plitvickie Ezera), seascapes (Dalmatian coast), wineries (Yaska)
- Recreation night with sauna in the midway of the tour, and Mediterranean beaches.
- Photography workshops taught by a professional photographer Igor Skibenko.
- Everyday photography sessions and regular personal photo reviews
Arrival. Street and architecture photography in the old town. City walls walk. Pier and morning fish market.
Beach time. Day and night city photography.
Hiking in national park Paklenica. Famous cave Manita Pec. Mountain and cave photography.
Walks in national park Plitvickie Ezera. Lake ferry and in-park bus sections. Landscape and waterfall photography.
Wine festival and wineries. Street and landscape photography.
City walks. Visiting historical and sightseeing spots. Architecture and street photography. Departure
Main topic: Narrative photography
- Important aspects of travel photography (style, camera, communication)
- Relationship between objects in the frame (composition, line, dynamics)
- Tonal and chromatic support of the story mood
- Image selection for series
- Cropping and framing
- Supporting series and narrative with tone and color
Tour package includes
- Group transfer from Dubrovnik airport, and to Zagreb airport
- Minibus transportation during the tour
- Your guide throughout the tour
- All accommodation on double/twin sharing basis (2-3*)
- Sauna fee
- Entrance fees to NP Paklenica (2 days), Plitvickie Ezera (2 days), Dubrovnik city walls fee
- Ferry and local bus at NP Plitvickie Ezera
- Food, accommodation, salary, and equipment, and medical services for the staff
- Group minibus gas and parking fees in the planned for the tour places
- Classes on photography and photo reviews by a professional photographer Igor Skibenko
- Equipment for lessons and demonstration photos (i.e., projector, laptop, etc.)
- All necessary public fees and payments
Package does not include
- Flights to/from Croatia (to Dubrovnik / from Zagreb)
- Entry tourist visa to Croatia if required for your passport (ask for assistance if needed)
- Any meals
- Personal medical insurance
- Personal belongings, photo equipment
- Tips for porters, drivers, and guides
- Costs from any unforeseen circumstances (i.e. road traffic, flight delays, etc.)
- Any means of transportation except mentioned above
- Optional tours/meals/transfers if any
Warning! During photography tours we’re open to any interesting photographic opportunity, so minor changes during the tour may happen.