This workshop gives answers to the most important questions about how to build own portfolio website. Beginning with choosing and registering a domain name and hosting service, we cover elements of web design, web galleries, and promoting sites on thy web. Class offers ready to use algorithms, which help creative people to simplify step by step process of building their own website.
- How much does it cost to build and support a website
- Domain name, registering and hosting
- Extra time for supporting and promoting
- Ready-maid versus templates and unique design
- Content management systems and platforms: WordPress, Joomla, HTML5, Square Space, Wix… What to choose.
- Content and website types
- Choosing color palette
- Creating site structure: menus, categories, tags
- Slicing images in Photoshop
- Using Open Server for testing site locally
- Instruments for programming and synchronizing local and online copies
- Transferring and backing up sites
- Preparing image for a post, logotype and gallery
- Type of photo galleries, and how to build them
- How to protect your copyright with online images
- Bring Adobe Lightroom automatic publishing to online galleries
- How is your target audience
- Is your site social networks friendly
- SEO (search engine optimization), or how to make your site Google friendly
- Register your site with search providers: Google, Bing, Yahoo
No Reviews found for this course.