This Tibet tour offers a unique meditative photography experience, discovering Tibetan traditions, visiting holy places, including the capital Lhasa. Tibetans are the only race on the planet, which not only are able to constantly live at altitudes above 13,000 feet, but are also able to give birth there. Tibet is a rare place on the Earth where matriarchy prevails. Having multiple husbands woman is the rulers of a Tibetan family.
Tibet Tour Dates: May 5th – May 23rd, 2017
Tibetan history is inextricably linked to the history of Buddhism with numerous legends about the wonders of Tibetan monasteries. Harsh conditions of life in the highlands merge with the harsh edges of Tibetan Buddhism. Tibetans live, being surrounded by powerful sources of harmonious energy of such holy places as mount Kailas and a lake Manasarovar. In Hinduism and Buddhism it is considered as a life’s goal to visit those holy places. The energy of those sacred sites gives them possibility to replenish themselves, being purified by the natural sources.
During this photography Tibet Tour we are going to travel from Nepal to the holy Mount Kailas, visiting old monasteries and meeting local people along the way. The holy pilgrimage around Kailas (Kora) takes 3 days of trekking, about 8 miles per day. The culmination of the Kora is a Dolma-La pass (5,650м / 18,537ft). Buddhism says that one can start a new life on the top of the pass, as one’s past mistakes are meaningless from now on, and the future is opened ahead. To anchor the fact pilgrims leave prayer flags, color stripes, parts of cloth, symbolizing leaving past life behind. Some people pray on the pass about pure and happy life.
You can find this information about Tibet in tons of books, and movies. One thing is to read about it, but it is absolutely different being immersed in the power of that place, trying to understand yourself better, and asking very important existential questions. If you have those questions to ask – come and join us in the pilgrimage Tibet Tour!
- Pilgrimage to holy places in Tibet
- Holy lakes Manasarovar and Rakshes Tal
- Spiritual trekking (Kora) around holy mount Kailas
- Buddhist temples, and the capital Lhasa
- Introduction to the culture, religion and the history of Nepal and Tibet
- Photography workshops taught by a professional photographer Igor Skibenko and meditation sessions
- Improving photography skills and building up own portfolio with spectacular landscapes, and vivid Tibetan culture photographs
|Day 01||Your arrival to Tribhuwan International Airport (TIA). Meeting at the airport, and transfer to the hotel. Overnight in hotel.|
Formalities with obtaining Chinese Visas and Tibetan permits. Tour to historic places in Kathmandu. Architecture and street photography.
Checking the equipment needed for trekking. Finalize visas. Free time in the city. Street photography at the local market.
|Day 04||Kathmandu to Tibet border.|
Transportation to the Tibetan border. Meeting Tibetan crew and transfer to Nylam by jeeps. Overnight in guest house.
|Day 05||Nylam to Shigatse, Tibet’s old capital.|
Visiting monastery in Shigatse. Overnight in hotel.
|Day 06||Shigatse to Lhasa. Overnight in hotel.|
|Day 07-08||Capital Lhasa|
Visiting temples, Tibetan Medicine center, street photography
|Day 08||Lhasa to Manasarovar.|
Sunset panoramic landscape photography by the lake. Overnight in guest house.
|Days 10||Lake Manasarovar.|
Ritual ablution in the “dead water” of Rakshas Tal, and the “live water” of Manasarovar holy lakes. Overnight in guest house.
|Day 11||Travel to Darchen, beginning point of the Kora. Overnight in guest house.|
|Days 12-14||Three day ritual trekking around holy Mount Kailas. Overnight in guest houses.|
|Days 15-16||Manasarovar to Saga, then to Zambu, heading toward the border. Overnight in guest houses.|
|Day 17||Return to Kathmandu.Overnight at hotel.|
There is an opportunity for those who wish to do Bungee jumping in the 530 ft deep canyon (one of the longest bungee jumps in the world).
Free day to explore markets, spa treatments, massages. Overnight at hotel.
|Day 19||Departure day. Transfer to airport for your onward flight.|
Participants are free to pick any topic to work on with the instructor during the tour.
Tour package includes
- Meditation photography retreat led by a professional photographer Igor Skibenko
- Transfer from/to the airport Kathmandu and between points along the route
- Jeep transfer in Tibet
- Bus tour in Kathmandu
- Your guide throughout the tour
- Accommodation in double rooms at hotels in Kathmandu, and in guest houses during Tibetan part of the program
- Breakfasts in hotels in Kathmandu; breakfast/dinner in Tibet
- Yaks and porter for luggage and equipment during 3 days trek
- Food, accommodation, salary, and equipment, and medical services for staff
- Entry visa to China, and Tibetan permits
- Permits for trekking and all necessary entrance tickets
- All public fees and payments
- The oxygen tanks for mountainous part of the tour
Package does not include
- Airfare to Nepal.
- Entry tourist multi visa to Nepal ($40 upon arrival + 2 official photos)
- Rent of ponies for trekking (if you need to ride instead of walking)
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Personal items and the expenses
- Tips for porters, drivers, and guides
- Costs from any unforeseen circumstances (i.e. road traffic, flight delays, etc.)
Warning! Tour program includes trekking in the mountains at altitudes above 13,000 ft. Even though the program includes day to acclimate to the altitude, such trekking and altitudes require you to be in good physical shape. Regular swimming, jogging, or hiking at least a month prior to the tour is recommended to enjoy the tour in full.
No Reviews found for this course.